FOCUS ON ENERGY® funded a lighting study through the Environmental & Economic Research and Development program. The research found non-residential space types were at least 20% overlit compared to recommendations supported by the Illumination Engineering Society (IES).
With Comprehensive Lighting Solutions (CLS), building operators can better understand their lighting needs and receive financial incentives for implementing design changes to align light levels with IES recommendations. Whether upgrading fixtures or integrating connected controls, Focus on Energy is here to put you on the path to savings.
CLS offers two unique ways to save
- Fixture and/or retrofit upgrades - $0.25 per watt reduced
- Eligible for interior fixtures only
- One-for-one fixture/retrofit replacements are not eligible
- Fixture or retrofit kit/lamp upgrade with connected controls - $0.45-$0.50 per watt reduced
- Available for interior and exterior systems
- Available for fixtures, retrofit kits or lamps with connected controls
Review the CLS Overview [PDF] pages 21 and 31 of the Lighting Catalog for complete offering details, including project and equipment requirements.
Mean, IES recommendation, and percent reduction by space type.
|Space Type||Average Illuninace (fc)||% Reduction|
How do I get started?
- Contact your Energy Advisor or a Trade Ally to review your current facility’s lighting and identify new opportunities at 888.623.2146 or email@example.com.
- All projects must be pre-approved. Complete the Comprehensive Lighting Solutions Workbook [XLSM] and submit to your Energy Advisor to obtain pre-approval. Upon project pre-approval, you will receive an Incentive Agreement with your estimated incentive amount.
- Implement your lighting project.
- Once completed, provide your Energy Advisor with a signed copy of your Project Completion Notice, including invoices, final light level documentation and any design updates. Receive payment after final approval.