MADISON – Focus on Energy, Wisconsin utilities’ statewide program for energy efficiency and renewable energy, is honoring 16 Wisconsin businesses with a 2018 Excellence in Energy Efficiency Award. In coordination with local utility partners and Focus on Energy staff, these winners have displayed outstanding commitment to energy efficiency.
2018 Excellence in Energy Efficiency Award honorees include:
• Abcon Electric/Abcon Lighting – Little Chute
• Charter Steel - Saukville
• C.S. Construction – Eau Claire
• Eau Galle Cheese Factory – Durand
• Expera Nicolet – De Pere
• Hampton Inn -- Superior
• Kalahari Development LLC – Wisconsin Dells
• Malteurop North America - Milwaukee
• Mount Horeb Area Historical Society – Mount Horeb
• Olson’s Piggly Wiggly – Cedarburg
• Peterson’s Dairy LLC -- Lena
• Schneider Heating & Air Conditioning – Onalaska
• Spaulding Electric – Sheboygan Falls
• Streich Equipment – Wausau
• Two Rivers Public School District – Two Rivers
• Vintage Brewing Company – Sauk City
Focus on Energy works with eligible Wisconsin residents and businesses to install cost effective energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
Benefits of the energy efficiency projects implemented by these recipients are much greater than reduced energy consumption and cost savings. They support technology innovation, job creation, lowered environmental impacts, increased competitiveness and reduced dependence on non-renewable resources.
“Focus on Energy is thrilled to congratulate each of these winners,” said Erinn Monroe, Program Director for Focus on Energy. “These award recipients are making smart energy decisions, lowering operating costs, and making Wisconsin’s economy more globally competitive.”
About Focus on Energy
Focus on Energy is Wisconsin utilities' statewide energy efficiency and renewable resource program funded by the state's investor-owned energy utilities and participating municipal and electric cooperative utilities. Focus on Energy works with eligible Wisconsin residents and businesses to install cost-effective energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. Focus on Energy information, resources and financial incentives help to implement projects that otherwise would not be completed. Its efforts help Wisconsin residents and businesses manage rising energy costs, promote in-state economic development, protect our environment and control Wisconsin's growing demand for electricity and natural gas. For more information call 800.762.7077 or visit www.focusonenergy.com.