FOCUS ON ENERGY® is proud to announce and honor the 2022 Energy Efficiency Excellence Award winners and the 2022 Trade Ally Excellence Award winners. There are five businesses, five contractors, one farm, one school district and one university, and 2 government entities; 10 award winners that took extraordinary steps working with Focus on Energy and their utilities to reduce energy waste and consumption at their businesses and five award winners who work every day with their customers to help them become more energy efficient with any remodeling work or by installing energy efficient products.
Each year, Focus on Energy receives nominations from Wisconsin utilities, Focus on Energy Advisors, and employees of businesses across the state. It is a difficult task to choose these winners, as business winners went beyond basic energy efficiency solutions, consistently looking for ways to cut their waste and Trade Allies ensured residential customers qualified and received Focus on Energy incentives and worked with businesses helping them make better choices when purchasing equipment and creating efficient processes.
This year’s Energy Efficiency Excellence Award winners include:
- Molson Coors Beverage Company - Milwaukee
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc. - Menomonee Falls
- Milwaukee Veterans Admin Medical Center (VMAC) - Milwaukee
- City of Madison - Madison
- Ball Corporation - Fort Atkinson
- Maple Ridge Dairy Business - Stratford
- Waukesha Foundry - Waukesha
- The Toro Company - Tomah
- Cedarburg School District - Cedarburg
- University of Wisconsin Superior – Superior
The Trade Ally Contractor Excellence Award winners include:
- Driftless HomeWrights - Viroqua
- Rohde Brothers, Inc. - Plymouth
- Hurlburt Heating, AC, & Plumbing - Durand
- Contemporary Energy Solutions - Manitowoc
- North Central Irrigation - Plainfield
“By focusing on energy efficiency, this year’s award winners show how they support technology innovation, job creation, increased competitiveness and reduced dependence on nonrenewable resources,” said Lisa Stefanik, Focus on Energy Program Director. “Energy efficiency helps keep Wisconsin’s economy nationally and globally competitive.”
A 2019-2020 independent economic impact analysis projected:
- Focus on Energy residential and business energy efficiency solutions will add more than 8,400 jobs through 2044.
- $970 million in economic benefits through 2044.
- $870 million in disposable personal income to the Wisconsin economy (an average of $370 per household) through 2044.
Later this year, representatives from Focus on Energy, the local utilities, and state officials will present the awards to the winners and each of them will be highlighted on the Focus on Energy website and social media during Energy Efficiency Awareness Month in October.