FOCUS ON ENERGY® provides technical resources and financial incentives for equipment upgrades to deliver measurable energy savings for tribal nations. The offerings below are designed to strengthen native economies by planning and implementing energy-efficiency technologies. Contact your local Energy Advisor to determine which opportunities will help achieve your energy-saving goals.
Limited Time Offerings
Energy Plan Request for Proposals [PDF] – Accepting proposals now through June 30, 2022
Focus on Energy is accepting proposals as part of an Energy Plan Request for Proposals (RFP). This RFP is available to Tribal Nations seeking financial support to create an Energy Plan to identify and support its energy and resiliency goals. Focus on Energy is offering up to $15,000 for development of the plan utilizing an external vendor or internal labor. Maximum incentive request is capped at 100% of the cost of the plan.
ENHANCED Project Planning Bonus: Meet with your Energy Advisor to finalize a project list by September 30, 2022, and be eligible for a 100% bonus for up to $5,000 in project incentives followed by a 25% bonus on all other project incentives completed in 2022.
Project Development Incentive: Perform a feasibility study for energy efficiency or renewable energy projects and receive up to $15,000 or 75% of the study costs if completed by June 30, 2022. Studies conducted in the remainder of 2022 are eligible for up to $10,000 in financial incentives.
Project Assessment: Receive up to 50% off the cost of an energy assessment to help you determine energy solutions for complex or process-related equipment.
Competitive Incentive Request for Proposal: An RFP available exclusively to business customers who need financial support for natural gas and electric projects in 2022 and 2023. Incentives will be awarded based on demonstrated financial need, cost-effectiveness, and energy savings.
Prescriptive and Custom Incentives: Reduce your energy efficiency project’s overall cost by applying for financial incentives to help offset your investment. Work with your Energy Advisor to determine if your project needs preapproval.
Custom Project Incentive Bonus: Earn up to $20,000 in additional custom incentives for projects completed by November 30, 2022.
Boiler Tune-Up Incentives: Get your boiler tuned up today and receive an incentive of $0.05 per MBh input.
Retrocommissioning: Receive assistance in identifying and implementing system and operational changes at your facility and benefit from significant energy and cost savings.
Renewable Energy: Identify renewable energy incentives for your facility today. Incentives are available for solar PV, biogas, biomass, wind, and solar thermal projects.
Get Started Today
- Consult the Tribal Communities Fact Sheet [PDF] if you need help identifying a project, making an energy plan, or getting your community involved.
- Review the Summary of Services and Incentives for Businesses [PDF] to determine equipment eligible for incentives.
- Consult your Energy Advisor for Schools and Government Equipment Upgrades.
- Work with a Focus on Energy registered Trade Ally. Trade Allies are committed to saving energy and helping your business thrive.
- Review the Energy Efficiency Best Practice Guide for Schools & Government Facilities [PDF] to identify ways to save energy.
- Begin your energy management journey. Download the Energy Team Toolkit for the resources you need to start an energy team at your facility.