Focus on Energy is accepting proposals from nonprofit businesses as part of the Nonprofit Efficiency Accelerator (NEA) RFP. This RFP is available to nonprofit businesses pursuing energy efficient upgrades who are seeking financial support above standard prescriptive and custom incentive rates. Applicants should work directly with an Energy Advisor to submit an RFP.
Locate your Energy Advisor by:
Verify Your Eligibility
Customer Eligibility Requirements
- Project site must be served by a participating Focus on Energy utility.
- Businesses must be a 501(c)(3) organization, verified by a current W-9 and/or the IRS Tax
Exempt Organization database.
- Multifamily, agriculture, schools, and government customers are not eligible for the RFP.
Project Eligibility Requirements
- Eligible businesses may request up to $100,000 capped at 75% project cost or $300,000 capped at 50% project cost.
- Incentives are capped at 15 times the combined annual gas and electric cost savings.
- With the exception of payback and project cost caps, eligible projects must meet all other qualification requirements for standard prescriptive and custom incentives.
- Businesses may apply for more than one project over the duration of the RFP. Customer incentives are limited to $300,000 per project and $400,000 per calendar year across all Focus on Energy Offerings.
- Retrocommissioning and solar photovoltaic (PV) projects are ineligible for the RFP.
- Projects already approved or submitted for approval for Focus on Energy funding are not eligible.
- Projects must receive approval by December 31, 2024, and be completed, including submitting required documentation, by December 31, 2025.
- Focus on Energy will accept proposals on a continuous basis and reserves the right to deny proposals based on feasibility of energy savings or timeline constraints. Focus on Energy also reserves the right to discontinue the RFP if funds are exhausted before the proposal deadline.
Complete Your Proposal
Work with your Energy Advisor to complete and submit a proposal using the Nonprofit Energy Accelerator Guidelines and Template.