- Agriculture Lighting & Equipment
- Agriculture, Schools & Government
- Business Incentive Program
- Commercial Kitchen
- Compressed Air
- Design Assistance
- Express Building Tune-up Program
- Heating, Ventilation and Cooling Systems
- Information Systems
- New Construction & Major Renovation
- Special Promotions
- Process Systems
- Specialty Measures
- Renewable Energy
- Retrocommissioning of Buildings
- Specialty Industry
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Agriculture & Farms
- Chain Stores & Franchises
- Commercial Offices
- Government Facilities
- Hospitals & Healthcare
- K-12 Schools
- Large Industrial Facilities
- Multifamily Properties
- New Construction
- Renewable Energy
- Retail Stores
- Small Businesses
- Water & Wastewater Facilities
Solar Electric (PV) Systems
Save up to $2,400 when you install a solar electric system
Solar electric systems, also known as photovoltaic (PV) systems, use sunlight to generate electricity. To capture sunlight, solar panels, also known as modules, are strategically placed on roofs or are ground mounted to maximize exposure to the sun. Systems operate silently, are very reliable, and require little ongoing maintenance. And yes, Wisconsin really does get enough sun, even in winter, to produce energy and reduce electricity bills for your home or business.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
Check to see if your utility participates in Focus on Energy. Review program terms and conditions and check the status of available Renewable incentives. Loans are also available.
Find a Focus on Energy Trade Ally.
Complete and submit the Reservation Application along with your proposal documenting a paid $500 down payment toward installation. Upon approval of the Reservation Application, an incentive will be held for three months. Systems not placed in operation within three months will lose their reservation and applicants will have to submit a new Reservation Application to receive an incentive.
Using a Focus on Energy Trade Ally or qualified contractor, complete the installation of your system. The system must be placed in operation within three months of the date of reservation approval to be eligibile for the reward.
To receive your incentive, submit an Incentive Application to Focus on Energy after your system has been placed in operation and prior to reservation expiration. Incomplete applications cannot be processed and will delay payment.
Solar Electric Systems
Solar Electric System Incentive
Earn up to $2,400 in incentives for installing a qualifying solar electric system. To qualify for an incentive you must:
- Install the solar electric system in an existing residential or non-residential property. New construction projects are not eligible.
Solar Electric System Equipment & Property Requirements
- Select a qualified model from the Solar Electric Qualified Equipment List, which can be found in the supporting documents section below.
- System capacity must be 0.5 kWDC or greater—kWDC capacity is determined using the photovoltaic USA test conditions (PTC) value specified on the qualified product list.
- Must be installed within 45 degrees of due south.
- Must be installed with a panel tilt between 10-50 degrees.
- Must have less than 10 percent obstacle shading based on analysis of an industry-accepted tool.
- See application for complete details.
- Applicants must reserve funds by submitting a Reservation Application.