Solar Electric Systems
Save up to $2,400 when you install a solar electric system.
Solar electric systems, also known as photovoltaic (PV) systems, use sunlight to generate electricity and, in the process, save a considerable amount of energy. Focus on Energy helps Wisconsin residents and businesses offset installation costs by offering Cash-Back Rewards for qualifying solar electric equipment.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM?
Check to see if your utility participates in Focus on Energy.
Verify that you have maximized your home or commercial property’s energy efficiency.
Confirm funding is still available. Cash-Back Rewards are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Purchase your qualifying solar electric system and have your Trade Ally install it between January 1, 2014 and June 30, 2014.
Email, fax, or mail your completed application within 60 days of installing your renewable system to receive up to $2,400 in Cash-Back Rewards. We recommend submitting your application immediately to collect your reward before funds are exhausted.
Solar Electric SystemsDownload the Solar Electric Systems Application
Solar Electric System Cash-Back Reward
Earn up to $2,400 in Cash-Back Rewards for installing a qualifying solar electric system. To qualify for a Cash-Back Reward you must:
- Install the solar electric system in an existing home or business. New construction projects are not eligible.
Solar Electric System Equipment & Property Requirements
- Select a qualified model from the Solar Electric Qualified Equipment List, which can be found in the supporting documents section below.
- System capacity must be 0.5 kWDC or greater—kWDC capacity is determined using the photovoltaic USA test conditions (PTC) value specified on the qualified product list.
- Must be installed within 45 degrees of due south.
- Must be installed with a panel tilt between 10-50 degrees.
- Must have less than 10 percent obstacle shading based on analysis of an industry-accepted tool.
- See application for complete details.