- Agriculture Lighting & Equipment
- Agriculture, Schools & Government
- Business Incentive Program
- Commercial Kitchen
- Compressed Air
- Design Assistance
- Express Building Tune-up Program
- Heating, Ventilation and Cooling Systems
- Information Systems
- New Construction & Major Renovation
- Special Promotions
- Process Systems
- Specialty Measures
- Renewable Energy
- Retrocommissioning of Buildings
- Specialty Industry
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Agriculture & Farms
- Chain Stores & Franchises
- Commercial Offices
- Government Facilities
- Hospitals & Healthcare
- K-12 Schools
- Large Industrial Facilities
- Multifamily Properties
- New Construction
- Renewable Energy
- Retail Stores
- Small Businesses
- Water & Wastewater Facilities
Smart Thermostat Incentive
Customize your home’s energy use and maximize your savings.
A smart thermostat is a Wi-Fi enabled device that “learns” your habits to help you manage home heating and cooling costs. It adjusts your HVAC equipment based on your home’s unique energy profile and the weather outside. You can save energy and money without sacrificing comfort.
The savings add up
A smart thermostat saves up to $120 annually and typically pays for itself in two years. And with a $75 Smart Thermostat Incentive available from Focus on Energy, you’ll save even more.
With you wherever you go
Control your smart thermostat from your phone or computer. Lower your home temperature from work a couple degrees to save money. If you’re out on the town and the night turns chilly, warm the house before heading home.
Stay ahead of system repairs
Some smart thermostats notify you when the system isn’t operating at top condition. You’ll know when to change a dirty filter or schedule a tune-up before you need a costly repair.
Combine with HVAC upgrades
Considering new heating and cooling equipment? Ask your Trade Ally to install a smart thermostat at the same time and receive an incentive check from Focus on Energy, in addition to other Focus on Energy incentives you may receive for heating and cooling equipment.
HOW DO I GET MY SMART THERMOSTAT INCENTIVE?
Purchase a qualifying smart thermostat after Jan. 1, 2017.
Confirm you are a customer of a Focus on Energy participating utility and that you meet all other eligibility requirements.
Confirm that your smart thermostat was purchased from a participating Trade Ally (contractor) or retailer.
·If purchased and installed by a Trade Ally, complete the Heating and Cooling Incentive application to obtain your incentive.
·If purchased from a retailer, submit an online application along with supporting documents within 60 days of purchase.
Allow 8–12 weeks to receive your incentive check in the mail.
Interested in purchasing a Smart Thermostat if you haven't already done so? Head over to our Find a Retailer tool to find a local participating retailer! Check eligibility, frequently asked questions, and qualifying smart thermostats below!
Offer is limited to qualifying smart thermostats that:
- Are purchased new after Jan.1, 2017.
- Are not purchased for resale, leased, rebuilt, rented, received from insurance claims or a manufacturer warranty, or won as a prize.
- Do not qualify for other Focus on Energy incentives.
- Replace an existing thermostat that does not qualify for an incentive.
- Connect with Wi-Fi.
- Feature integrated occupancy-sensing capability, such as motion sensors or geofencing with setback
Offer is limited to Wisconsin customers of Focus on Energy participating utilities based on the home's primary heating system.
- Homes with a natural gas furnace must be a customer of a participating electric utility and gas utility.
- Homes with a natural gas boiler must be a customer of a participating gas utility.
- Homes with an air-source heat pump must be a customer of a participating electric utility.
- Homes heated by liquid petroleum (LP) gas or a geothermal heat pump are not eligible.
- Offer is limited to one incentive per home heating system and two per household.
How does a smart thermostat save energy?
A smart thermostat learns a homeowner's schedule and automatically adjusts settings if the house is not occupied.
Why isn't my thermostat listed?
Focus on Energy sets the criteria based on energy savings the program can claim due to the thermostat’s specific features.
Where can I find the serial number?
|Brand/Model||Series||Model||Where can I find my serial number?|
|Allure Energy - Eversense||EverSense||Label on back of thermostat|
|Ecobee-Ecobee3||Ecobee3||EB-STATe3||Under "About" on the display menu|
|The Mac ID on back of thermostat|
|Lennox||iComfort S30||Under "General" on the display menu|
|Nest||Nest||Under "Technical Info" on the display menu|
|Radio Thermostat - CT50||CT50/CT50e||Under "Technical Info" on the display menu|
|Radio Thermostat - CT80||CT80||Label on thermostat cover|
Is my data secure?
To ensure privacy and information protection, most smart thermostats use security measures commonly used by banks, government agencies and e-commerce sites. Each manufacturer is different. Research the method each uses to ensure the privacy protocols meet your needs.
Does Focus on Energy track my thermostat usage data?
- No, Focus on Energy does not track information about your thermostat use, but they may receive aggregate data from the manufacturer. Aggregate data does not contain any user-specific identification or data that can be traced back to an individual thermostat.
- Aggregate data may show, for example, that Wisconsin has X number of active smart thermostats that lower the temperature an average of 3 degrees.
Who do I call for assistance?
|Question||Who to Contact|
|Installation||Installer or manufacturer|
|Warranty||Installer or manufacturer|
|Wi-Fi connection||Installer or manufacturer|
|Program questions||Focus on Energy – 800.762.7077|
|Reward status||Focus on Energy – 800.762.7077|
Qualifying Smart Thermostats
The following thermostats are eligible for a $75 incentive.