Earn up to $100 for recycling your old appliances and save hundreds in annual energy costs.
The Appliance Recycling Program offers FREE pick up and recycling of your old, inefficient, working refrigerators and freezers. You’ll not only be saving approximately $150 per year per appliance in energy, but you’ll also receive a $50 reward per appliance recycled.
Why should I recycle my appliance?
- Refrigerators built before 1993 can use two to three times more energy than newer, high-efficiency models. To find out how much your old refrigerator or freezer may be costing, visit the Refrigerator Retirement Savings Calculator.
- We recycle your appliance in an environmentally responsible way, breaking down each part to properly recycle it—keeping 95% of the appliance out of landfills.
WHY SHOULD I RECYCLE MY APPLIANCE?
Make sure your refrigerator or freezer is between 10 and 30 cubic feet in size and in working condition.
To schedule a free pick-up appointment, use the tool on this page or call 855.398.5226.
Clean and empty your refrigerator or freezer on the day of pickup, but please leave it running.
Make sure your unit is safely accessible with a clear removal path. The removal team will not risk injury, remove personal belongings, or modify your home to remove your unit safely.
Allow 4 to 6 weeks for your reward check to arrive in the mail.
Take the first step toward saving energy and money. Sign up for an appliance pick-up appointment!
Program Eligibility and Requirements:
- Must be a customer of a utility that participates in Focus on Energy.
- Applies only to old, but working refrigerators or freezers between 10 and 30 cubic feet in size.
- Limit two appliances recycled per customer per year.
Note: If you have a non-working unit, please contact your current waste and recycling hauler to arrange a pick-up for a fee. Visit the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Waste and Materials Management for a list of appliance recycling contacts by county.