Caring for patients in rural communities presents unique challenges and having limited resources – whether it be funding or staffing – can make completing energy efficient upgrades more challenging to tackle. FOCUS ON ENERGY® Rural Healthcare offerings are designed with your needs in mind making it easier than ever to optimize your facility and meet your energy efficiency goals.
Eligible Facilities Include:
- Critical Access Hospitals and Rural Health Clinics as registered with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Any of the following facilities located in an eligible rural zip code [PDF]:
- Hospitals and surgical centers
- Clinics, including:
- Primary and specialty care
- Outpatient therapy, physical therapy, and orthopedics
- Medical imaging and radiology
- Medical office buildings
- Dialysis centers and blood banks
- Community-Based Residential Facilities (CBRF), including senior care, memory care and hospice. Standalone Assisted-Living facilities and Residential Care Apartment Complex (RCAC) may qualify for incentives eligible to multifamily properties.
Find out if your site is located in a rural area by using our eligibility tool to the right or downloading the complete list of eligible rural ZIP codes [PDF]. Work with your Energy Advisor to confirm eligibility and enrollment.
Rural Healthcare Staffing Incentives
Not having enough staffing support on your team can result in energy efficiency projects being put on the back burner. Through the Rural Healthcare Staffing Incentive, customers have the opportunity to receive up to an additional 20% in financial incentives to help offset the internal administrative costs of identifying and implementing energy efficiency projects and participating in the Focus on Energy.
Get started by contacting an Energy Advisor today. Not sure who your Energy Advisor is? Visit our Energy Advisor map to find out or call us at 888.623.2146, and we will get you in touch with someone to help walk you through the process.
Download the Staffing Incentive guide to learn more:
Rural Healthcare Staffing Incentive Guide and Application [PDF]