The Graphic Designer located in Madison, or telecommute within WI, is responsible for communicating the Focus on Energy brand visually and effectively across all media utilized by the program with specific responsibility for supporting utility partners. This position will perform a variety of tasks in accordance with established design guidelines, processes, procedures, systems, and follow all contractual requirements related to the Focus on Energy brand. Additionally, the graphic designer will develop or refine these elements where they do not exist or may be improved.
This position will work with cross-functional teams to deliver high priority projects on behalf of Focus on Energy and utility partners. Utilizing a wide range of skills, the graphic designer will visually convey concepts, ensure clear communication, and technical integrity of messages on behalf of the program. APTIM seeks a versatile individual who thrives in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment and can effectively shift from creative design and visual communication inculpating technical details to non-technical audiences and stakeholders.
- Create designs in various visual media channels that visually communicate desired program messages.
- Design visual concepts using graphic design tools including design software elements
- Collaborate with art directors, branding experts, front end developers, marketing, content and other professionals to create media
- Creates various layouts, iconography, package designs, website designs, logos, and illustrations according to program specifications.
- Translate client needs and branding strategies into design strategies
- Articulate and pitch design concepts to internal and external stakeholders
- Meets with internal staff and partners to discuss requirements and the design of the project.
- Creates rough drafts and sketches of concepts and presents to stakeholders for further discussion and revision.
- Participates in collaborative revision and approval process until final design is approved.
- Perform research on external programs or issues to place Focus on Energy in broader industry context.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all APTIM quality and safety policies as well as all OSHA regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Art, Graphic Design, or related disciplines from an accredited college or university.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management, project management, and follow-through.
- Solid knowledge of design principles, layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
- Demonstrated portfolio showing creative, design and software skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills
- Proficiency in the use of software tools used to combine and analyse data from various sources and generate reports and graphics.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data and solve practical problems.
- Must be a self-starter, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop Illustrator, InDesign and other graphic design software.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Tangible and documented project management experience.
- 1+ years' experience in the energy efficiency industry preferred.
- Experience with video editing/production preferred.
What We Do:
- Whether it's safeguarding and maintaining critical power infrastructure, helping communities recover from natural disasters, enabling our armed forces and first responders, or transforming landfills into public parks, we go to work each day knowing that we are making an impact on the world. These are huge responsibilities, and we take them seriously.
- Thinking differently and challenging the norm is our mandate. Every day we plan for the unexpected, develop critical insights, and deliver new, creative adaptive solutions. We do this by leveraging teams that include engineers, scientists, builders, economists, craft professionals, procurement, logistics and process experts.
Who We Are:
- APTIM specializes in engineering, program management, environmental services, disaster recovery, complex facility maintenance, and construction services. Serving Government, Oil, Gas, Chemical, Industrial, Commercial, and Power clients, we are your partner and relentless advocate.