APTIM currently has an opening for an experienced Marketing Communications Specialist. The Marketing Communications Specialist located in Madison, WI (or telecommuting within Wisconsin).is responsible for communicating the Focus on Energy brand visually and effectively across all media utilized by the program. This position will perform a variety of tasks in accordance with established design guidelines, processes, procedures, systems, and follow all contractual requirements related to the Focus on Energy brand. Activities include copywriting, developing social media campaigns, approving collateral and organizing awards. Additionally, the Marketing Communications Specialist will develop or refine these elements where they do not exist or may be improved.
This position will work with cross-functional teams to deliver high priority projects on behalf of Focus on Energy. Utilizing a wide range of skills, the Marketing Communications Specialist will visually convey concepts, ensure clear communication, and technical integrity of messages on behalf of the program. APTIM seeks a versatile individual who thrives in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment and can effectively shift from creative design and visual communication for a variety of audiences.
- Work as part of an energy efficiency team ensuring that materials utilize brand standards
- Plan press releases and social media events
- Produce marketing copy for our website
- Craft and send regular newsletters with program updates
- Create white papers and case studies that highlight the successes of the program
- Track ROI for marketing campaigns
- Join social media groups and professional platforms to discuss industry-related topics
- Monitor social media pages and address clients' queries
- Design visual concepts using graphic design tools including design software elements
- Meets with internal staff, stakeholders and partners to discuss requirements and the design of the project
- Participates in collaborative revision and approval process until final design is approved
- Perform research on issues to place Focus on Energy in broader industry context
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Ensure compliance with all APTIM quality and safety policies as well as all OSHA regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or relevant field from an accredited college or university.
- Strong written communication skills, experience with client engagement and coordination.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management, project management, and follow-through.
- Experience with marketing campaigns on social media.
- Solid knowledge of design and visual principles.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and various design software.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data into visual design concepts.
- Must be a self-starter, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Tangible and documented project management experience.
- 1+ years' experience in the energy efficiency industry preferred.
What We Do:
- Whether it's safeguarding and maintaining critical power infrastructure, helping communities recover from natural disasters, enabling our armed forces and first responders, or transforming landfills into public parks, we go to work each day knowing that we are making an impact on the world. These are huge responsibilities, and we take them seriously.
- Thinking differently and challenging the norm is our mandate. Every day we plan for the unexpected, develop critical insights, and deliver new, creative adaptive solutions. We do this by leveraging teams that include engineers, scientists, builders, economists, craft professionals, procurement, logistics and process experts.
Who We Are:
- APTIM specializes in engineering, program management, environmental services, disaster recovery, complex facility maintenance, and construction services. Serving Government, Oil, Gas, Chemical, Industrial, Commercial, and Power clients, we are your partner and relentless advocate.