REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
Marketing and Public Relations Development
Wisconsin's FOCUS ON ENERGY® Program is seeking an individual or firm to assist in implementation of PR campaigns to expand awareness of the energy efficiency programs offered by Focus on Energy.
The purpose of this document is to provide interested parties with information to enable them to prepare and submit qualifications and a response in alignment with the Scope of Work detailed below.
Length of Contract: Contract terms to be negotiated with selected individual or firm. Focus on Energy envisions planning and creative development to begin spring 2021 with campaigns running through the end of 2021.
Basis of Award: Interested parties must possess the qualifications and experience required to perform the work specified in the Scope of Work. Responses should be submitted with the most favorable conditions possible from cost-effectiveness, creative and technical acumen.
Scope of Work
Focus on Energy seeks an individual or firm to expand awareness of the energy efficiency programs offered by the Focus on Energy program.
Key messages underpinning this effort include:
- Celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the Focus on Energy program.
- Promoting Excellence Award winners through press releases and award presentation events.
- Assisting with other PR and earned media opportunities.
- Implement public relations activities that increase statewide awareness of Focus on Energy’s mission and impact.
- Assist with all aspects of media relations, including creating news releases and alerts; cultivating ongoing and special-events coverage; responding to incoming media requests; securing placement of op-eds; conducting proactive media outreach and tracking media results using Agility PR software.
- Serve as a key spokesperson for Focus on Energy as well as coordinate with other internal staff in response to media inquiries
- Collaborate with others on the Communications team to develop integrated campaigns and tell customer success stories.
- Support and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Provide media/PR counsel to leadership staff as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of directly related professional experience
- History of successfully developing and implementing strategic public relations campaigns and initiatives.
- Excellent planning skills with proven experience in project management, event planning and leadership.
- Strong knowledge Wisconsin media, with proven track record of placements, experience in the sustainability/energy efficiency or renewable energy sector a plus.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills with the ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Commitment to fostering a collaborative work environment within the Communications team and the broader organization.
Interested parties should address the following in their submitted responses (maximum length is 10 pages without resumes/bios or example work
- Completed Cover Sheet (see last page)
- Background & Experience (limit 3 pages)
- Tell us who you are and about your experience with social marketing and any experience with energy efficiency and any experience with key sectors, such as homeowners, real estate developers, hospitality sector, healthcare, and small businesses. Who else have you worked with, and how did you help them? Successful experience working with utilities, non-profit organizations and/or government programs is a plus.
- Tell us about yourself or team. If you are an agency, what’s your organizational structure? Who would be assigned to Focus on Energy and what is their professional experience?
- What is your capacity? What can we expect as your client through the design process? How regular are check-ins and how will you report results?
- Examples may be included as appendices, which will not count towards page limits
- Rate Structure/Pricing Model (limit 1 page)
- What is your pricing model? In the development of projects do you use a blended hourly rate vs. staff specific rates?
Preparing and Submitting RFQ Response
Interested parties should submit proposals electronically in PDF format to email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. CST on April 23, 2021.
Subject line should read: RFQ Submission | [Company Name]
RFQ responses must be received by the deadline above. Lengthy RFQ responses are discouraged.
Selection and Award Process
Following the submission deadline, Focus on Energy will take no more than three weeks to review responses submitted and schedule interviews with the organizations best suited to execute the scope of this initiative. Following the interview process, Focus on Energy will move forward contracting with the selected individual or firm(s). Focus on Energy reserves the right and has sole discretion, to make multiple awards, reject any and all proposals, to accept or reject any or all of the items in the proposal.
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to hearing from you!