Wisconsin homeowners helped Focus on Energy win the 2022 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award because of their commitment to energy efficiency. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy deliver these awards to organizations that consistently have a positive impact on the households and communities they serve.
“Focus on Energy provides great value for Wisconsin by growing the state’s economy, creating new jobs, and contributing to our carbon reduction goals,” said Public Service Commission Chairperson Rebecca Cameron Valcq. “For the past 20 years, the program has made our state a national leader in renewable energy projects and has reduced customer utility bills statewide.”
Focus on Energy received the award for innovative programs as well as expanding current programs utilized by Wisconsin homeowners in 2021:
- Focus Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® (HPwES) project offers expanded.
- New concepts were implemented as part of Focus on Energy residential offerings.
- Remote Quality Assurance/Quality Check (QA/QC) process for home weatherization projects enabled Focus and our Trade Allies to continue to safely inspect and ensure high quality equipment installation during the pandemic.
- Supplemented the Do-it-Yourself (DIY) offer to provide a more comprehensive set of instructions for homeowners to weatherize their own homes safely and effectively.
- The Real Estate Ambassador Initiative was enhanced to educate real estate agents on the whole-house principles behind ENERGY STAR® and HPwES—allowing agents to earn the title of Focus on Energy Ambassador and help new homeowners save energy.
“Since its start in 2001, Focus on Energy has worked with and incentivized businesses and homeowners looking to save money by using less energy,” said Focus on Energy Managing Director Lisa Stefanik. “ENERGY STAR® program and its products contribute to Wisconsin’s energy efficiency strategies.”
Since 2011, Focus on Energy has delivered more than $1 billion worth of net economic benefits to Wisconsin.
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy projects create jobs.
- Businesses, manufacturers, and farmers reduce their energy costs after installing energy-efficient equipment which can help expand their businesses and hire more people.
- Homeowners spend less on energy allowing them to spend more at their local shops and businesses.
“We know it’s going to take all of us working together to tackle the climate crisis, and the 2022 ENERGY STAR® award-winning partners are demonstrating what it takes to build a more sustainable future,” said EPA Administrator Michael S. Regan. “These companies are showing once again that taking action in support of a clean energy economy can be good not only for the environment, but also for business and customers.”
Each year, the ENERGY STAR® program honors a group of businesses and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to protecting the environment through superior energy achievements. ENERGY STAR award winners lead their industries in the production, sale, and adoption of energy-efficient products, homes, buildings, services, and strategies. These efforts are essential to fighting the climate crisis and protecting public health.
Winners are selected from a network of thousands of ENERGY STAR® partners. For a complete list of 2022 winners and more information about ENERGY STAR’s awards program, visit energystar.gov/awardwinners.