Madison, WI – FOCUS ON ENERGY® is celebrating Earth Day by announcing a record number of 2019 Energy Efficiency Excellence Award winners.
The statewide energy efficiency and renewable resources program is honoring 18 winners, each chosen for their efforts to improve energy efficiency in Wisconsin. Later this year, Focus on Energy will join the winners’ respective utilities to honor that commitment in an award ceremony for each.
“We’re extremely excited to congratulate each of this year’s winners for their commitment to reducing energy waste,” said Erinn Monroe-Nye, Focus on Energy Program Director. “These recipients are among the many Wisconsin businesses, school districts and local municipalities proving Wisconsin is in for energy efficiency. They’re making smart energy decisions that lower operating costs, while making the state’s economy more globally competitive.”
This year’s winners include:
• American Family Insurance
• Brewery Nonic
• City of La Crosse (Mayor’s Home Energy Challenge)
• Eland Electric Corporation
• Fleet Farm
• Galloway Company and Classic Mix Partners
• Grassland Dairy Products, Inc.
• Klein’s Floral & Greenhouses
• Langmeier Dairy Inc.
• Little Chute Area School District
• Meister Cheese Company
• Milwaukee Area Technical College
• Miron Construction Co., Inc.
• New Glarus Brewing Company
• Oneida Nation
• Penda Corp
• SES GROUP, INC.
• Manitowoc-Two Rivers YMCA
“Congratulations and thanks to the 2019 winners,” said Public Service Commission Chairperson Rebecca Cameron Valcq. “These community leaders embody Wisconsin values of innovation and forward thinking. Their actions demonstrate Wisconsin’s commitment to be a leader in the clean energy economy.”
Focus on Energy works with eligible Wisconsin residents, businesses, farms, school districts and municipalities to install cost-effective energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
By getting in on energy efficiency, this year’s award winners not only account for reduced energy consumption and cost savings – they also support technology innovation, job creation, lowered environmental impacts, increased competitiveness and reduced dependence on nonrenewable resources. The most recent third-party evaluations found:
• Focus on Energy programs saved enough electric and gas energy in 2017 to power 73,000 homes for a year.
• Focus on Energy creates approximately 1,200 jobs annually in Wisconsin.
• Focus on Energy generated $762 million in economic benefits for Wisconsin in 2015-16.
• Every $1 invested in Focus on Energy programs creates $5.93 in benefits for Wisconsin, including economic benefits, reduced energy costs and reduced pollution.
About Focus on Energy
Focus on Energy is Wisconsin utilities' statewide energy efficiency and renewable resource program funded by the state's investor-owned energy utilities and participating municipal and electric cooperative utilities. Focus on Energy works with eligible Wisconsin residents and businesses to install cost-effective energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. Focus on Energy information, resources and financial incentives help to implement projects that otherwise would not be completed. Its efforts help Wisconsin residents and businesses manage rising energy costs, promote in-state economic development, protect our environment and control Wisconsin's growing demand for electricity and natural gas. For more information call 800.762.7077 or visit focusonenergy.com.