We are seeking an individual located in Wisconsin. This individual will support, train and assist electrical and mechanical contractors, distributors, manufacturer representatives, and other market actors to propose, sell and complete energy efficient commercial and industrial (C&I) projects in Wisconsin and act as an account manager for some market actors. Relationships with and the motivation of trade allies, customers and program partners is a key element of the position, which requires regional travel. The successful applicant will be a self-starter and will be highly organized with good communication skills.
- Provide commercial and industrial technical assistance to non-lighting trade allies, manufacturers, distributors, business customers, utility representatives and others;
- Identify and maintain relationships with manufacturers and distributors to help promote energy efficiency;
- Conduct on-site training with trade allies, manufacturers, and distributors for energy efficiency technologies and energy program rules;
- Work with contractors, distributors and others to understand and promote energy efficiency incentive programs; Recruit new contractors and distributors to participate in the program;
- Participate in and perform engaging and innovative in-person and virtual trainings, communications and program planning efforts to drive successful results to meet client needs;
- Define and develop sales, marketing and communication plans for assigned regions and markets that support the energy efficiency program;
- Maintain accurate project tracking records to document efficiency projects and communications with the market that have been influenced, identified, and completed through energy efficiency programs.
- Extensive experience in non-lighting energy efficiency technology applications a plus; field sales experience beneficial.
- Previous experience working with manufacturers and/or distributors in the trades;
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and a bent towards innovative solutions;
- Self-starter who is highly detail oriented, organized and goal focused;
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills, past sales experience with utility or energy conservation is a plus;
- Microsoft Office applications proficiency;
- Likely to have moderate local travel requirements;
- Working remotely in virtual office environment.
- High School diploma with some higher education or vocational training specializing in HVAC, plumbing, energy efficiency, or the utility marketing field;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in electrical, mechanical or energy efficiency industry, and non-lighting applications;
- Knowledge and experience in additional energy technologies and in the commercial & industrial marketplace, a plus;
- Previous home office experience helpful but not required;
- Valid driver’s license, dependable transportation along with verifiable insurance is required.
Physical Efforts: May be physically demanding, depending on tasks, such as:
- Long periods of standing/walking on rough/uneven surfaces;
- Sitting for extended periods at a computer;
- Walking through large scale facilities while looking up in order to count fixtures;
- Climbing to 100’ on steel framework/platforms/ladders (rare);
- Vision – near/far;
- Spatial ability/depth perception/color discrimination;
- Speak/hear. Provide clear, accurate communication, hear telephone & warning devices.
The Company may make reasonable accommodations, which will allow the employee to perform the position’s essential job functions.
- Around high noise levels and energized electrical equipment (at times);
- Moving mechanical parts (at times);
- Perform work in all weather conditions;
- Driving up to 3-4 hours on paved/unpaved roads.
- Valid driver’s license
- Dependable transportation along with verifiable insurance
- Drug Test – must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Pre-employment background check
Benefits: Compensation is very competitive and commensurate with experience in the industry. Company benefits include full employee medical/dental/vision coverage plus short- & long-term disability and life insurance, paid-time off, holiday pay, company contribution to 401(k) program (after three months of successful employment), discretionary bonuses, professional association expenses and development/training support. Evergreen is currently a “virtual” company and includes other non-tangible benefits for top performing employees.
Evergreen Consulting Group provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Full Details and Application