Getting More Energy Projects Approved with Concise and Compelling Financials - Online Webinar
Most decisions are made emotionally and then justified financially. Hence it is vital to present concise and compelling cost/benefit analyses when seeking funding for energy projects. This fast-paced, six-hour program (offered live/online, also recorded for later viewing) will explore three closely related keys to giving your prospect the confidence to move forward now.
This live/online course will cover the following topics:
- Understanding, calculating, and explaining net present value, modified internal rate of return, and savings-to-investment ratio, which do a much better job of evaluating the merits of a proposed expense-reducing capital project than the inherently flawed metrics many prospects typically use (simple payback period, return on investment, and internal rate of return).
- Coaching prospects to think more clearly about the relative benefits of paying with all cash, phasing implementation over multiple years, financing, and using an “…as-a-service” option (and emphasizing other important opportunities, such as rebates/incentives, tax deductions/credits, PACE, etc.), all with a goal of enabling a more confident and prompt decision on the best way to fund a given project.
- Using six creative ways to express the “cost of waiting” more powerfully, which will help capture and retain executive attention and motivate faster project approval.
This program is appropriate for all energy professionals, whether or not they have any background in financial analysis. Moreover, the entire six-hour program will be recorded, so learners can revisit the material as they begin applying these winning approaches to real-world proposals.
Financial analysis templates will also be provided to model cash inflows and outflows over time and calculate the most important financial metrics. Several projects provided by the instructor and the audience will be analyzed in real-time to demonstrate these concepts at work.
This program also includes a single-user, full-year license to Selling Energy’s Segment Guides™ online resource. This tool provides insights into 24 market segments, each of which has been updated to include the impacts of COVID-19 and the recession. Segment Guides™ features plenty of segment-specific, non-utility-cost financial benefits to energy projects that should be included in your cost/benefit analysis to make an even stronger case for project approval.
Dates and Times for the Live/Online Webinars:
- Wednesday, May 25th from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM Central
- Wednesday, June 1st from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM Central
- Wednesday, June 8th from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM Central
Can’t make the webcasts live? A recorded version will be made available to all registrants for an entire year.
This training is free for Focus on Energy participating Trade Allies, End-Use Customers, and Utility Partners. Registration is limited and sign ups will be reviewed for eligibility.
Your registration includes the following:
- Participation in the live broadcast via GoToWebinar, happening on May 25th, June 1st and June 8th.
- Access to the event recording for an entire year.
- A one-year license to Selling Energy’s Segment Guides™ tool (regularly $588). (You access begins as soon as you register!)
- A complimentary copy of Mark Jewell’s Wall Street Journal Best Seller Selling Energy: Inspiring Ideas That Get More Projects Approved! in electronic audiobook, e-book, or hardback format (while supplies last).
- Ongoing invitations to live monthly Mastermind Group Coaching Calls with Mark Jewell to support your continued success.