- Agriculture Lighting & Equipment
- Agriculture, Schools & Government
- Business Incentive Program
- Commercial Kitchen
- Compressed Air
- Design Assistance
- Heating, Ventilation and Cooling Systems
- Information Systems
- New Construction & Major Renovation
- Special Promotions
- Process Systems
- Specialty Measures
- Renewable Energy
- Retrocommissioning of Buildings
- Specialty Industry
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Agriculture & Farms
- Chain Stores & Franchises
- Commercial Offices
- Government Facilities
- Hospitals & Healthcare
- K-12 Schools
- Large Industrial Facilities
- Multifamily Properties
- New Construction
- Renewable Energy
- Retail Stores
- Small Businesses
- Water & Wastewater Facilities
Water & Wastewater Facilities
Every drop counts. Improve operations through cost-effective upgrades.
With pumps, motors, and other equipment often operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, water and wastewater facilities can quickly become the largest consumers of energy in a community, accounting for roughly 35 percent of typical municipal energy budgets. Focus on Energy can help improve energy efficiency in these facilities by advising staff on:
- Equipment Upgrades – Replacing items such as pumps and blowers with more efficient models
- Operational Modifications – Reducing the amount of energy used to perform specific functions, such as wastewater treatment
- Upgrades to Facility Buildings – Installing energy-efficient lighting, windows, and heating and cooling equipment
In addition to reducing costs on your utility bills, these upgrades offer environmental benefits. Improving energy efficiency in water and wastewater facilities can help reduce air pollution and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions, by decreasing consumption of fossil fuel-based energy.
Save on Your Energy Bills with the Wastewater Bridge Initiative
Focus on Energy is partnering with the WI Office of Energy Innovation and US Department of Energy (DOE) to reward wastewater facilities for reducing energy usage at their plants. The Wastewater Bridge Initiative will offer incentives for low and no cost energy conservation measures with a goal of reducing your energy bills by 5%. Incentives are determined by utility bill measured electricity savings (kW and kWh) compared to the prior year's energy use during the same time frame along with actual flow in million gallons (MG). Incentives are offered every six months for up to two years or until a capital upgrade is started. Sign up with Focus on Energy by March 1st 2017!
- Visit the Wastewater Bridge Initiative webpage for more information and how to participate!
Water and Wastewater Bonus on all Projects
Focus on Energy will be providing a special 20% incentive bonus on all prescriptive projects and a 10% incentive bonus on all custom projects to Municipal Water and Wastewater customers.
Prescriptive Incentive Bonus Details:
- Offering is eligible up to $1,000 bonus/project (not to exceed $5,000 annually per customer)
- Prescriptive Projects must be submitted by December 31, 2017
- On the application indicate water or wastewater in the “Other” section for business property type (no additional paperwork needed)
Custom Incentive Bonus Details:
- Offering is eligible up to $5,000 bonus/project
- Custom Projects must be submitted by December 31, 2017
- Custom Projects must be completed by December 31, 2018 to receive the bonus
For more information, contact your local Energy Advisor or call 888.947.7828 to speak with an AgSG Representative.
Feasibility Study for Existing or New Anaerobic Digester Facilities for Use of Biogas as a Renewable Energy Source
Focus on Energy offers feasibility study grants designed to encourage end-users to undertake renewable energy biogas projects at existing or new anaerobic digester facilities. Study grants are also provided for assessing the feasibility of installing new on-site anaerobic pretreatment facilities. These grants assist Wisconsin businesses in overcoming financial barriers to make the study and conceptual engineering of complex upgrades possible. Grant Application and Guidelines can be downloaded below:
Save Energy. Smarter.
Contact an Energy Advisor to get started with your water and wastewater equipment upgrade. Due to the complex nature of these systems, upgrades are often incentivized with a custom incentive. Your local energy advisor will help identify savings and incentive potential for your system. Or you can email us and we'll have someone contact you shortly! For general questions, contact an AgSG Representative at 888.947.7828 to get started.