- Agriculture Lighting & Equipment
- Agriculture, Schools & Government
- Business Incentive Program
- Commercial Kitchen
- Compressed Air
- Design Assistance
- Express Building Tune-up Program
- Heating, Ventilation and Cooling Systems
- Information Systems
- New Construction & Major Renovation
- Special Promotions
- Process Systems
- Specialty Measures
- Renewable Energy
- Retrocommissioning of Buildings
- Specialty Industry
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Agriculture & Farms
- Chain Stores & Franchises
- Commercial Offices
- Government Facilities
- Hospitals & Healthcare
- K-12 Schools
- Large Industrial Facilities
- Multifamily Properties
- New Construction
- Renewable Energy
- Retail Stores
- Small Businesses
- Water & Wastewater Facilities
Check Out these Energy Savings. Check In More Guests.
With hotels and motels operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it can be difficult for hotel owners to lower operating costs. Focus on Energy addresses one of those main operating costs – energy. Upgrading hotel/motel lighting is not only energy efficient but can save business owners energy costs and improve the ambiance for customers.
From personalized touches to personable service, you deliver the best experience to your guests. Our efficiency upgrade incentives will help you increase comfort and satisfaction, while decreasing operating costs – up to 10 percent!
Opportunities available through our Small Business Program:
- Upgrade to LEDs
- Install occupancy sensors in low traffic areas
- Install pipe wrap to insulate water lines
- Install cold drink vending machine controllers
- Upgrade OPEN and EXIT signs to LED signs
- Install faucet aerators to save on water use
- Install water-saving showerheads
Opportunities available through our Business Incentive Program:
- Lighting Fixtures and Controls
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Retrocommissioning (RCx)
- Swimming Pools
- Plug Load
Save Energy. Smarter.
You’re busy. We make it simple to apply for incentives and achieve energy savings by assisting you every step of the way. Get started by emailing us or call 800.762.7077.
New Construction - Design Assistance Resources
How the Design Assistance Process Works
Use our Enrollment Wizard early in design, to submit your contact and project information, then instantly see the incentives potential for your project
Once the project application is approved and the customer/design team provides design drawings and narratives, a meeting is scheduled to review the whole building estimated energy performance
The integrated effect of multiple energy models are analyzed simultaneously and in real-time, utilizing the Net Energy Optimizer (NEO®) tool, to determine the net effect on energy use, costs, and potential program incentives
NEO supports a wide variety of different mechanical systems and hundreds of whole building refinement options, allowing design teams and owners to optimize choices for their specific building type and customize the mix of space uses
Results for each individual measure, three “bundles” and three selected HVAC scenarios are then presented to assist in optimizing the final building design
- Once the design has been finalized, submittals are provided to the Design Assistance Team for verification; customer incentives are paid upon building construction completion
Eligibility & Requirements
- Potential building types include all commercial and industrial buildings as well as multifamily buildings with four or more units.
- Buildings must be served by a participating Wisconsin electric or natural gas utility.
- New buildings include free-standing buildings, adaptive reuse, substantial renovations and major additions to existing buildings.
- The minimum project size is 5,000 square feet for typical building uses. Additional requirements may apply for mixed-use space or some type of facilities.
- Other qualification criteria may be established on a case-by-case basis. Projects must also meet the program timing requirements to qualify.
How to Receive Incentives
- Use our Enrollment Wizard early in design, to submit your contact and project information.
- A Design Assistance Program representative will contact you within two business days to discuss your project and determine if your building is a good fit for the program.
- Once accepted into the program, you’ll receive a customized analysis to assist with energy efficiency decisions and information regarding potential owner incentives. Design team incentives are provided upon completion of the analysis.
- After the building has been completed, the implementation of the energy efficiency measures will be verified by Focus on Energy. At this time, the building owner will receive financial incentives.