Colleges and universities in the United States spend more than $100,000 per building in annual energy costs (based on an average building size of 50,000 ft²) (Business Energy Advisor, 2020).
Work with FOCUS ON ENERGY® to secure financial incentives for equipment upgrades delivering measurable energy savings. Focus on Energy’s team of dedicated Energy Advisors are here to help you understand your energy-intensive facilities so you can maximize their energy-saving potential.
Understanding energy usage
According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, more than half of the electricity used in higher-education facilities go toward ventilation, computer equipment, and lighting. Space heating accounts for more than 60% of natural gas usage. Identify where your buildings can save today by benchmarking your buildings and committing to an energy management plan.
Get started today
- Consult your Energy Advisor to identify energy-efficient equipment [PDF]
- Work with a Focus on Energy registered Trade Ally contractor. Trade Allies are committed to saving energy and helping your business thrive.
- Review the Energy Efficiency Best Practices Guide for Schools & Government Facilities [PDF] to identify ways to save energy, along with a list of Resources for School & Government Facilities [PDF]
- Enroll in the Strategic Energy Management [PDF] offering for a long-term approach to managing your facility’s energy.
- Determine if your project qualifies for prescriptive or custom incentives by reviewing: