APTIM is looking for a motivated and experienced media relations and public relations expert to join the Focus on Energy’s Communications Team, in Madison, WI. Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Director, the PR & Media Relations Specialist is responsible for creating and managing Focus on Energy’s media strategy, with a primary focus on Wisconsin media (statewide & local outlets). The person hired for this position will be responsible for executing strategic PR campaigns and media activities to generate a positive awareness of Focus on Energy, our mission and our portfolio of programs.
APTIM serves as the Program Administrator for the Focus on Energy program, which is Wisconsin’s statewide energy efficiency and renewables program. APTIM is responsible for designing and managing program operations; measuring, tracking and reporting results; marketing, outreach and community engagement; and providing engineering and technical resources. This position is based in Madison, WI.
- Develop and implement public relations strategy that increases statewide awareness of Focus on Energy’s mission and impact.
- Oversee all aspects of media relations, including creating news releases and alerts; cultivating ongoing and special-events coverage; responding to incoming media requests; securing placement of op-eds; conducting proactive media outreach and tracking media results.
- Serve as a key spokesperson for Focus on Energy as well as coordinate with other internal staff in response to media inquiries
- Collaborate with others on the Communications team to develop integrated campaigns and tell customer success stories.
- Support and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Provide media/PR counsel to leadership staff as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of directly related professional experience
- History of successfully developing and implementing strategic public relations campaigns and initiatives.
- Excellent planning skills with proven experience in project management, event planning and leadership.
- Strong knowledge Wisconsin media, with proven track record of placements, experience in the sustainability/energy efficiency or renewable energy sector a plus.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills with the ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Commitment to fostering a collaborative work environment within the Communications team and the broader organization.
Click here for more information or to apply.