APTIM is currently seeking a Utility Relations Manager to support Wisconsin's Focus on Energy Program. The Utility Relations Manager is directly responsible for managing the day to day relationships between APTIM (Focus on Energy's Program Administrator), Wisconsin's Investor Owned, Cooperative, and Municipal Utility partners.
The Utility Relations Manager is responsible for ensuring that Focus on Energy's participating utilities and clear and open access to Program information, are given opportunities to give and receive feedback on the Program, and are approached by Focus on Energy representatives with consistency and clarity. Utility Relations Manager will be expected to engage with utility partners proactively to understand their unique goals and challenges and communicate how the Program can support those goals and challenges. This position will be a critical member of the team by informing overarching strategic direction and driving new initiatives.
- Connect regularly with Wisconsin's Investor Owned Utilities (IOUs) via phone, email, and face-to-face discussions to ensure utilities are current on Focus on Energy's offerings and efforts, and to gain the utility perspective on issues relating to Focus on Energy
- Manage utility specific annual plans as appropriate and report on goal achievement milestones both internally and externally
- Maintain an appropriate level of involvement with groups and associates having utility membership or representation (WUA, MEUW, WECA, etc.)
- Collaborate and project manage initiative that drive toward improved customer experience and an enhanced partnership
- Ensure Wisconsin utilities receive timely and accurate reports per APTIM's obligations as Program Administrator
- Respond to direct inquiries and requests made by utilities in a timely manner, delegating amongst the APTIM and internal stakeholder teams as appropriate
- Manage annual review process to ensure utility partners are working from the most current information on Focus on Energy
- Deliver supporting information, collateral, contacts to utility partners to support deepened customer engagement
- Be attuned to broad regulator, policy, and economic concerns touching utilities and bring these perspective into Focus on Energy's planning efforts
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 7-10+ years of industry experience required
- Knowledge of Focus on Energy and WI utility landscape preferred
- Experience in working with any of the following stakeholders is seen as additionally beneficial: contractors, utilities, retailers, program implementers, manufacturers or distributors of energy-efficient equipment or services
- Strong service orientation with the ability to work across multiple departments and units within an organization, external clients and multiple stakeholders
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management, project management, and follow-through; creative problem solver with strong analytical abilities
- Ability to absorb information from multiple parties and formulate necessary communications or decisions quickly
- Conceptual understanding of energy efficiency, renewable energy, and the types of equipment, technologies, and building practices in use by participating Focus on Energy Trade Ally Contractors
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the use of typical productivity software tools
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Adaptable to the use of proprietary software tools to be used in combining large volumes of data for consolidated reporting
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Employee may be based in the field office is located in Madison WI or remote, with the ability to travel within the state of Wisconsin
- Travel outside of Wisconsin required sporadically for conferences, events, and continuing education.
- Learn more about Focus on Energy at www.focusonenergy.com
- Focus on Energy is funded by the state's investor-owned energy utilities, as required under Wis. Stat. § 196.374(2) (a), and participating municipal and electric cooperative utilities. To participate in Focus on Energy programs, residents or business owners must be customers of a participating utility.
APTIM (formerly CB&I Capital Services Group) with approximately 15,000 employees deployed across hundreds of offices and customer sites globally is a leading global provider of program management, energy efficiency programs, integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure EPC services, and disaster response and recovery for private sector and government customers.
Click here for more information or to apply.