This position is responsible for providing expert technical and programmatic support to Focus on Energy Program Implementers and internal Program Administrator staff. In this role, you will provide energy advice and technical services for the Focus on Energy energy efficiency program in Wisconsin; these services mainly include focus on commercial and industrial solutions: building maintenance, lighting, controls, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, compressed air systems, pump systems, motors & drives (VFDs), industrial process control and optimization, waste heat recovery, combined heat & power systems as well as other equipment and systems including retrocommissioning for buildings. Additional oversight of specific program management functions including reviewing program design and processes for intake as well as QA/QC of protocols offering design improvements and recommendations.
This role may involve marketplace engagement in which you will interact with and provide advice and recommendations on the technical solutions that best suit business needs. This position will report to the Business Portfolio Manager work directly with the Program team and assist other technical and internal staff with project reviews.
- Work with Program Implementers to provide technical and administrative support including energy efficiency advice and assistance for the Focus on Energy Program.
- Participate in QA/QC and internal project proposal review activities
- Discuss with Program Implementers and internal program staff technical elements of energy consuming equipment in commercial & industrial facilities (lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, envelope, integrated design) and how it affects utility consumption and demand, to help prioritize recommendations and achieve goals for energy efficiency improvements.
- Review customer incentive applications for energy savings projects to ensure completion and accuracy, such as confirming detailed savings calculations prepared by program subcontractors or trade allies.
- Analyse customer utility bills; baseline and proposed conditions for energy efficiency projects to determine energy savings and to manage project review pipeline, collaborate with other Focus on Energy staff as required to maximize technical support to the programs customers.
- Coordinate with project teams, including Strategy and Innovation, and Outreach and Marketing as needed.
- Reporting and tracking of program performance and metrics.
- Assist in the resolution of program operation and management issues.
- Keep current on the latest energy-saving technology to provide program design suggestions when appropriate
- Ensure compliance with all APTIM quality and safety policies as well as all OSHA regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 5+ years’ combined engineering and program/project management experience related to mechanical design, energy modeling or construction; 2+ years’ experience in the energy efficiency industry preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of energy efficiency technologies including, heat recovery, steam optimization, ventilation and air conditioning systems, and boiler improvements.
- Experience performing investment grade audits.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytic capabilities including technical report and memorandum writing and spreadsheet analysis.
- Must be a self-starter, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to identify and resolve project incentive application issues with customers and trade allies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and building energy analysis software.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- CEM, EIT/PE certification and/or the desire/ability to obtain
- Tangible and documented project management experience
Click here for more information or to apply.
APTIM (formerly CB&I Capital Services Group) with approximately 15,000 employees deployed across hundreds of offices and customer sites globally is a leading global provider of program management, energy efficiency programs, integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure EPC services, and disaster response and recovery for private sector and government customers.